When it comes to celebrity makeup, Selena Gomez is one of my favorites. I’ve never, ever seen a horrible picture of her! Her makeup is always amazing. It’s fresh and natural with an occasional bold lip or liner. Stunning, effortless looks that are easily repeatable and wearable any day of the week. But let’s be real, if I attempted to reproduce every stunning photograph of Selena, I’d go bankrupt.
Drugstore makeup can become expensive, too. For example, to recreate the 3 celebrity looks in this post you would need 3 different lipsticks. They retail for around $8.99 a tube so that would be $27. And, that’s just the lips! But there is a solution for us thrill-seeking, makeup geeks.
Places like BH Cosmetics are great at providing affordable makeup options in the form of palettes. They have 66-shade lipstick palettes for $9.99…that’s 15¢ a shade. A huge savings in comparison to a drugstore buy ($9.99 vs. $593 to be exact).
Then there is wholesale makeup. Places like eBay and Amazon can offer makeup artists (and geeks) a chance to buy makeup at wholesale prices. Not only can you save a ton for your personal use, you can even make a little extra cash retailing the makeup at retail prices. It’s a Win-Win.
So the answer is Yes. We can afford them with the right resources. We don’t have the luxury of a personal makeup artist but we can enjoy the benefits as if we did.
Latest posts by girlratesworld (see all)
- We Wear Short Shorts – 7 Tips to Longer, Slimmer, Airbrushed Legs - May 12, 2014
- Happy Mother’s Day to All the Moms In the World - May 11, 2014
- $500 Fashion Face Off Giveaway with @lulusdotcom - April 30, 2014
- Mother’s Day Outfit Ideas – Jovial Jumpsuits & Rompers - April 29, 2014
- Pink Lingerie – Revlon Nail Polish Review and Swatch - April 25, 2014